Thursday, January 14, 2010

You Are Here

You are here and I am behind on posting. Well here goes

Your mother emailed me to tell me you would be making your arrival that day, January 6th. I was so excited I could hardly work. I stayed at work for awhile so the time would go by quickly but I knew I would be at the hospital by 1:00. Kelly's surgery is scheduled for 4:00.

I couldn't wait until I could meet you. When I got to the hospital the birth had been put off until 5:00. Sarah was born at 5:44, Luke 5:45 and Jake 5:47.

We rolled your mother down to the room to prep for surgery and I was grateful we could be with her after they got her ready. Then we all went into the waiting room where we would pace the floors and pretend we were watching TV. I think Seinfeld was on.

Soon all three sets of grandparents were there. Uncle Terry was there too so he could say good luck to his sister.

Time went by so slow. After 6:30 we began pacing the floor until we saw your dad come through the double doors. He had been with you since birth and had pictures and all your statistics with him. Mommy had to know and see first. Again we paced until he returned to give us the news...Excitement filled the waiting room as we waited to get our first look at you close up. Just the news made me tear up I couldn't imagine what I was going to do when I finally got to meet you. Everyone was hugging with the great news that you were all here and in great shape.

After feeding your dad (who was starving) he guided us to the second floor to meet you. First we had to wash our hands and we were led to see Jake. He was sleeping under a warm lamp and very peaceful. We touched him gently to feel his soft skin.

Then we washed our hands again so we could go over to see Sarah. She looks just like your moms baby pictures I had of her when she was born. Button nose and poochy lips. She too was under a nice warm lamp to keep her toasty.

Then it was down to the nursery to meet Luke. Luke had a little more fluid in his lungs so he was in a nursery down the hall. Again we washed our hands and then got to touch his sweet soft body. He had his c-pap on so it was hard to see who he looked like.

One thing we knew for sure is you all have a head full of hair. You were not cleaned up yet but hair was all over the head. Luke even has sideburns. They all had IV's going into you and it looked so sad but it was what you needed to make your entry into the world a safer one.

Soon all the anxiously awaiting guests have seen you and getting ready to go home while you little bundles rested.

I went home and dreamed about all the fun times we are going to have as you grow. I could hardly get to sleep. I couldn't wait until the next day when I would see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment